La importancia de la identidad corporativa
Why it reflects all the personal or collective characteristics that differentiate the brand.
There are many terms when it comes to talking about a brand and its image. Some of the most common terms in the creation of a business are: corporate identity, graphic identity, visual identity, brand image, branding, identity manual, etc.
What do we understand by corporate identity?
Therefore, the corporate identity or brand identity of a company is composed of the set of tangible and intangible visual elements that express the personality and values of the brand. The main ones are usually:
• Naming, the name by which the brand is known, which should be clear, pronounceable, and preferably memorable.
• The logo of the brand, logo or other symbols, is the graphic symbol that defines and identifies a company, product, project, or entity through its symbols.
• The slogan, a brief and original phrase used by the brand that defines its values or objectives, in the case of Nike, for example: Just do it.
• A color palette, the corporate colors of the company, such as Ikea’s blue and yellow, or Pilexil’s red.
• Fonts, essential to communicate the brand’s identity, as it has the ability to convey one message or another through letters, whether more sophisticated or simpler. Some sectors have similar font styles, such as the fashion sector with more Serif-like fonts.
• Tone, as a communication tool, the way you address the user defines the brand’s style. Some examples include O2 with the message “be more dog” or Apple with the message “Think different.”
• Brochures, leaflets, brochures… printed materials used as offline communication.
Brand identity goes beyond the mere appearance of the business, being a key aspect for the development of the brand regardless of the size of the company. The combination of these elements forms the corporate identity, that is, the set of graphic characteristics that convey values or an image, offering a differentiating value compared to its competition. The image must be solid, coherent, and generate trust in both potential users and customers of the brand.
The identity seeks to answer the following:
How does the company see itself? How does it want to be seen by the public? How is it recognized and remembered by the public?
The difference between the brand, branding, and brand identity or corporate identity:
• The brand is the tangible and intangible perception that people have of the company.
• Branding, on the other hand, includes all marketing actions carried out with the aim of developing and positioning the brand.
• Corporate identity is all the elements of the brand that transmit the brand’s philosophy.
The Importance of a Good Corporate Identity
A good corporate identity is the reflection of a good business, creating a solid corporate identity for the company helps consumers memorize and remember the product or service offered. With a well-defined brand, it is easier to differentiate yourself from competitors.
From a good brand identity, the company can present itself to the market as it wishes, creating an advantage over the competition. Additionally, with a good strategy and implementation, the prices applied by the company can be higher, as long as the visual identity is better than that of competitors. Therefore, consumers would be willing to pay more for the aspects they perceive from the brand.